Thursday, May 6, 2010

Bundt baking...

Have I told you how much I love making bundt cakes?
Well, if not... I DO! I really, really, REALLY like making bundt cakes! I mean, whenever I have the opportunity to bake something (for a party, event, sick friend, etc.), I always try to make a bundt. Plus, I'm pretty sure people like it when I show up with a bundt, because they get to act out that scene from My Big Fat Greek Wedding! You know the one, right?

Quick- how many times do you think I'll use the word "bundt" in this post? (Hint: 5 so far!)

We celebrated my boss' birthday at a morning staff meeting earlier this week- so I offered to bake a coffee cake. This Poppy Seed Cake recipe is something that's been floating around my family for ages- it's easy to make, and tastes divine! Don't believe me? You'll see what I mean in a few more photos...

For this cake, you'll need the following:
I added all the ingredients to the mixing bowl (per the instructions in the recipe)...
And poured the batter into my Bavaria bundt pan.
45 minutes later, I whipped this baby out of the oven.
Once it had cooled a bit, I flipped the cake into my bundt cake carrier. (Look- they really do exist!)
But before I headed to the office, I had to take a quick photo.
When I finally made it to the office, I slid the cake onto a little cake plate, and took it to our staff meeting.
And less than an hour later, this is all that was left.
Yep- 7 people ate most of the cake in one sitting. How's that for a ringing endorsement? If you'd like to whip up this cake, here's the recipe:

Poppy Seed Cake

Ingredients:
2 sticks of margarine (although my recipe calls it oleo)
1/2 cup sugar
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup poppy seeds
1 box Duncan Hines Butter cake mix
Directions:
Cream together oleo and sugar, then add other ingredients. Spray bundt pan with Baker's Joy. Pour cake batter into bundt pan. Cook at 350 for 34-50 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10-15 minutes before turning out onto plate.
Oh, and if you were wondering, this lonely piece lasted about 20 seconds after I took this photo...
I swear, college kids can sniff out free food a mile away!

Thank you for stopping by- I hope you have a wonderful day!

Oh- and the answer is 9!