Remember this weekend when I was in Times Square?

I was actually on my way to see a show.

Nope, not
Everyday Rapture...

I was headed to that intimate little theater just to the left...
The Duke!

I had tickets to see a new show:
Graceland! While previews started on May 3, it won't officially open until May 17. I was offered these free tickets at work, and I couldn't turn them down... plus, I was curious to see the theater. I hadn't seen a show here before, and was pleasantly surprised with the "black-box-esque" space!

Now, I must tell you right off the bat... this show had
NOTHING to do with Elvis. Rather, the play centers around a pair of siblings who are burying their father at
Graceland Cemetery in Chicago. Here's the program- do you recognize this actress?

If you watch
Two and A Half Men, she plays Jon Cryer's ex-wife on the show. The play also featured Brian Kerwin, who you might know from
27 Dresses (he played Katherine Heigl's father).
Now, I have to tell you- this show is considered a comedic drama. While parts of it are pretty funny, there were other parts that made me slightly uncomfortable. For example, there was a make-out scene. Normally, that wouldn't bother me in the least... except look where I was sitting:

That's right- second row! I think I spent half the show with my hands over my face... what a nerd!
As for the play, it was... interesting! I'm not sure I'd recommend it to everyone, but I really appreciate that new productions are being produced in this economy. Plus, watching a play written by a Chicago playwright took me back to my college days, which was fun. So, if you're in the mood for inside jokes about Chitown and a May-December romance, this is the play for you! It's playing at 229 W. 42 Street through May 29.
Thank you for stopping by- I hope you have a great Tuesday!