Thursday, January 13, 2011

Snow in the city

Just after Christmas, NYC was hit with a pretty big snow storm. The city was found unprepared by that weather system (which you might have heard about from your favorite news outlet), so when the local weather-people started mentioning an incoming storm on Tuesday night, the city kicked into gear.
The snow started to fall Tuesday evening, and by the time I made my way home a light dusting had accumulated.
Of course the snow was still coming down, so after my walk home from the subway I was pretty white with snow!
But after drying off and warming up, I went about my normal evening routine... when a few hours later I looked out my kitchen window...
And was greeted by a beautiful sight:
The backyard had turned into a winter wonderland...
All in a manner of hours!
It was so beautiful- everything was quiet, peaceful and cold! Plus, after all the attention the storm had gotten on television, I couldn't wait to wake up in the morning to find mountains of snow outside (and hopefully a NYC Public School Closing on the radio).
But alas... this was the view out my front door yesterday morning... a mere 5 inches!
And so while I didn't get a snow day out of it, the storm wasn't a total waste- now NYC is covered in white yet again and looking as pretty as ever!

Thanks for stopping by- I hope you have a great day!