Carrot Curry Soup
Ingredients
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon curry powder
Coarse salt and ground pepper
3 1/2 cups chicken broth
2 pounds carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Coarsely chopped fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
Directions
Heat butter in a Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, curry powder, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Add broth, carrots, and 3 cups water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover, and simmer until carrots are tender, about 20 minutes. Puree soup (either with an immersion blender or in batches in a food processor) until smooth. Stir in lemon juice. Serve garnished with parsley, if desired.
Monday, January 17, 2011
Carrot Curry Soup
Even though it's the middle of winter, nothing warms my soul (and my tummy) like a bowl of homemade soup!
So I made Carrot Curry Soup over the weekend!
The soup required surprisingly few ingredients: just carrots, a bit of butter, an onion, chicken broth, and lemon juice!
I started by chopping the onion.
I then melted the butter in my dutch oven, before adding curry powder.
When the pan was hot, I added the onion (along with salt and pepper) and sauteed it for a few minutes.
Once the onion was soft I added the chicken stock and water...
Before dumping in the carrots!
Once the soup had reached a rolling boil, I turned the dial down to "simmer" and placed the lid on the pot for 20 minutes.
Once everything was tender...
I whipped out my immersion blender and got to work!
Once the soup was smooth, I added some lemon juice and considered my work done!
I couldn't wait to dig into this easy (and pretty healthy) soup! It turned out to be very flavorful, which is sometimes hard to come by this time of year!

I hope you had a wonderful weekend- thanks for stopping by!

