Thursday, January 6, 2011

Detroit is HOCKEYTOWN!

Before I left Michigan after the holidays, I hung out with my brother at one of the most popular places in Detroit...
Joe Louis Arena! By now, I'm pretty sure you have guessed who plays here...
The Detroit Red Wings! Believe it or not, I have never seen a Wings game, so I was pretty stoked to have the opportunity to change that... plus it gave me the chance to hang out with my bro!
While the team warmed up, I couldn't help but stare in amazement at all the championship banners... talk about one amazing team!!
And after the zambonis did their things, it was time for the game to begin!
And boy, was it exciting!! Unfortunately the Flyers ended up winning the game (by one dumb ol' point), but I still had a blast watching the game!
Oh- and the Wings managed to score a couple of points along the way, so my brother got to use his new beacon hat a few times. (And by the way, that hat was an object of desire for most of the fans who saw it- people were checking it out all night!)
So thanks, bro, for showing me around Detroit and taking me to my first Wings game!
For those of you who've never seen a hockey game, either, I used my phone to record a few minutes of play... check it out:

Thanks for visiting my blog! (Also, I'm sorry I missed a couple of posts this week- my modem was acting up and I just got it working again.) I hope you have a great day!