Friday, January 28, 2011

Finally finished!

I'm not sure if you remember, but a couple of weeks ago I was lamenting over the fact that I still hadn't finished decorating my office. (Here's a link to that post.) And believe it or not, I'm going to make my end-of-the-month-deadline and reveal my finished office! But before you see the final product, I just have to show you what I started with:
I'd forgotten that I'd taken these pictures this summer before I moved into my office. As you can see, it was pretty rough in the beginning, and while I'd made the office functional for the last months, it was still lacking...
Until now!
Not too bad, right? I must admit, I was extremely lucky these past couple of weeks, and almost all of the recent decorating changes were made for free! For example the associate dean moved and gifted her furniture to myself and a couple of other coworkers (which is why I get to have a Pottery Barn rug and quality furniture in my office)... and the Aida poster was a gift from one of my students who thought it would look nice in my office... isn't that sweet?

My desk area also received a bit of rejuvenation, and I'm doing my best to keep things neat and tidy (which is sometimes a little difficult).
And I finally put those shelves to good use by using them for all sorts of storage!
So while it might have taken me a while to make my office "my own"... I'm pretty pleased with the results! What do you think?
Thanks for stopping by- I hope you have a great weekend!