Tuesday, May 5, 2009

4 months ago today...

Well, I hate to admit it... but the weather is ROTTEN today! For real- it's 54 degrees, and it's been raining since Sunday night. I can't really complain because I have the cutest rain boots in the whole wide world (can I just call them galoshes?), but my hair is another story. If you've seen me the past two days, you know what I'm talking about- humidity does crazy things to me!

In light of all that, I'm going back to a simpler time. Well, not really, but I'm going to post some pictures from a while ago. It was 4 months ago today that my Dad was in town a visit. We spent the day exploring Ellis Island, and although it might have been a SMIDGE colder than it is today, at least the sun was out (and that was the beginning of December, people).

Without further ado, here are some pics, circa Dec. 2008.
Normally I just about DESPISE these "rats with wings" (apparently they think my head is perfect for target practice)... but I think this one looks kinda pretty... minus the weird growth on his right talon...
Aww- there's my Dad, freezing in front of the Statue of Liberty!
Give me your tired, your poor...
And a front view, just for good measure!
This one was taken from Ellis Island... I just thought it was neat how you could look out the window and see it!
And last but not least, the sunset! We were headed back to Manhattan on the boat when I grabbed this shot. I kinda think that the cranes in the distance looks like giraffes or dinosaurs...
Well, that's all for today... Happy Tuesday!