Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Good-byes shouldn't be this much fun!

Last night, I had to say goodbye to my good friend JG! She's moving back to Boston (she's from the area), and last night was the last time we'll see each other before she moves. Just to recap, JG and I worked together at the music agency, ate lunch together almost everyday, and have more inside jokes than I could possible explain! We both left the agency around the same time, and although our new jobs and schedules made it tough, we still tried to get together every week for dinner or a movie.

Earlier this week, I realized that I wanted to make JG a little goodbye card. I had an idea, and I think it worked out! Just a reminder- here is what JG looks like (isn't she a crack up?):
So this is the card I made. I used my Cricut and the Paper Doll Dress-Up cartridge and just went to town!
I backed the little doll with a cardstock "shadow", which also made the doll into a card!
I used a cat's eye to shade her "jeans"...
And I couldn't say no to a bit of sparkle!
And since last night was the official "Goodbye JG" dinner... guess where we went? Cafe Spice, of course! (You'd think I was getting a kick back for all the times I mention that place on my blog- but it's just a good/reliable place to go!) Another friend from our agency days, SDK, met us there, and we spent a couple hours laughing, reminiscing, and having a grand old time. Of course, I took my camera and snapped some pics along the way... here's a shot of my Prosecco:
And here are SDK and JG... so cute!!
There are little votive lights on the table- and that's pretty much the only light in the place. It makes for a nice atmosphere (but tough to take artistic pictures!)...
But I tired to be artistic with JG's wineglass...
Here is SDK's meal... YUM!
And some taste-y naan...Here's what JG got...
And mine! (I was too hungry to take a "before" shot!)
Awww... and here's a shot of SDK and I outside the restaurant!
It was a scrumptious dinner and a wonderful way to say goodbye to JG! (Oh- and she liked her card, too!) Happy Wednesday!