Guess what I did last night? I'll give you a hint- it included these lovely things:

Yep... I baked... AGAIN! If you read this blog with any regularity, you probably think that I bake ALL the time. I really don't... I just think it's the time of year (parties, vacations, etc), and the fact that I've discovered some of the most AMAZING baking website/blogs I've ever seen!
So, what was my excuse this time? It's two fold: on one hand I wanted to make a little goody to take with me to Minneapolis (more on that in a minute), and on the other hand, I wanted to take advantage of the sweet cherry season. After a little Internet sleuthing, I decided to make Cherry-Ricotta Muffins. Sounds interesting, right? I saw the recipe on
Joy of Baking, and thought I might be able to handle it!
First, I washed the cherries (I purposefully picked some double-cherries because they looked so funny).

After I whisked all the wet ingredients and set them aside, it was onto the dry stuff.
(Thanks to my Grandma for the microplane zester- look at the lovely lemon zest!)
After the wet/dry was barely mixed, I folded in the cherries (how does
PW do her action shots- it's hard to shoot with the right hand and work with my left).

Almost there...

After baking, this is what I got! (Per the picture on the website, I threw a whole cherry on each muffin a couple of minutes before I took the pan out of the oven. I wanted them to be baked into the muffins a little- unfortunately, it kind of singed the cherry stems... oh well- live and learn!)

And check out that cake plate! It was a gift from SFS's parents... I just LOVE it! And it proves that my cake plates have MULTIPLE uses... like MUFFIN plates! :)

A view from the top!

Aren't they the cutest?

(I just hope they taste good!)

So there you have it- another attempt at seasonal baking! I'm headed to Minneapolis this weekend to hang out with my family, and these babies are all wrapped up and ready for the X-ray machine at Newark Airport! I hope you have a WONDERFUL Memorial Day!