After work, I met SFS for dinner. I wanted a low-key birthday, so SFS made dinner reservations... but he wouldn't tell me WHERE! So, imagine my delight when we ended up at Calle Ocho, one my of favorite restaurants in the WHOLE CITY! We started the evening with sangria (they have 8 flavors, but I think the Fresca is the best) and ceviche. I was more then a little hesitant to eat raw snapper (I know it's not technically raw because the lime juice "cooks" the fish... but STILL...), but it was surprisingly yummy! There was a ton of other stuff in the ceviche, including onion, mango, and cucumber... plus, it's paired with popcorn- yum!
For my main course, I ordered the always reliable Bistec (Cuban Style steak, “Steak Frites” and Traditional Chimichurri)... it's DELICIOUS, and I order it every time I have the opportunity to go there!
SFS went with the special of the day- from what I remember, it was snapper, wrapped in something crunchy, on top of potatoes mashed with goat cheese... it was also delish!
On top of all that, I also got to open all my presents from my family in Friday night. It was great- I am now able to display multiple cakes at the same time, I can invite 4 people to a brunch party, I can decorate more cupcakes, and I can watch Bing Crosby in color... what a great day!On Saturday, I was finally able to see what SFS had gotten me... want a hint?
But we soon took it to the park across the street, and I got to ride it! I was SO excited! It's the cutest bike I've ever seen... SFS had it delivered all the way from Pennsylvania!
SFS was such a good sport- I rode it for a while...
