Thursday, July 14, 2011

Fourth of July: Part II (the people)

Yesterday I posted photos of all the treats we enjoyed at our recent Fourth of July celebration, and today I'd like to share photos of the people!
July 4th isn't just the nation's birthday... in our family, we celebrate my grandma's half-birthday, too!
You see, my grandma was born too close to Christmas for her liking. So years ago, we started celebrating her half-birthday to ensure that she had a proper party... and the tradition continues today! So while most of our little get together was all about the red, white and blue, we also took some time to open presents and sing happy birthday.
Of course, we also had plenty of fun!
In fact, this little guy was having a ton of fun at one point!
My mom was playing hide-and-seek with him...
By crouching behind a chair and jumping out again...
He thought it was hysterical... which made all of us crack up, too!
As you can imagine, the day wasn't complete without a bunch of photographs...
From EMVR with her little cutie...
To BTV and SS...
My dad and I...
And BTV with my grandma, we all posed for a few shots.
My brother even indulged me by re-creating a photo I took a couple years ago...
I got a similar shot of him doing a jump with my grandpa, which I love it... and now I have a matching pair!
But before we all headed home, we stopped for a few portraits. Here's the whole group...
My uncle and his family...
My dad with our family...
And four generations (my grandma, her son, her granddaughter, and her great-grandson).
As I'm sure you've gleaned by now, our family likes to have a good time. As I was looking through our group photos trying to find one where everyone was looking at the camera, I came across these pics.
And I absolutely cracked up when I saw them. From my cousin goofing off in the background, my aunt trying to salvage a lovely photo, and my grandma looking a little annoyed, I feel like they say so much about our family: there's always a lot going on, and everyone is usually having a good time!
So happy half-birthday Grams! We sure had fun celebrating with you!
Thanks for stopping by- I hope you have a great day!