Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Fourth of July: Part I (the food)

My mom is super creative! (If you know her, you know exactly what I'm talking about!) She recently got into cookie decorating, and her creations are absolutely amazing. So before our family's Fourth of July get-together, she and I sat down to decorate some sugar cookies for the party.
I had so much fun "playing" with my mom! I live pretty far away from her, so we don't often have the opportunity to do creative things together.
So we had a grand ol' time "piping and flooding" to our hearts' content!
From patriotic stars...
To rockets and ice cream cones...
To hot dogs (didn't my mom do a great job on these?)...
We created a whole plate of thematic goodies!
Of course, we weren't the only ones who brought tasty treats to the party: my cousin and his girlfriend also brought some adorable desserts! From these Golden Eagles...
To a VW bug of fruit salad...
To Red, White and Blue chocolate covered strawberries... they were so creative!
Add to that the Red, White and Blue cupcakes-in-a-jar my mom baked...
An apple pie...
And berry buckle...
It was quite a dessert table!
As soon as we finished our lunch, we all enjoyed several helpings of the tasty treats- it was a great way to celebrate the holiday!
(I think BTV would agree!)
Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to visit tomorrow- I'll have even more pictures to share from our July 4th party!