My dad loves the flavor of almond in baked goods. He also loves cookies. So for Father's Day, I wanted to bake him a treat that combined both of those things: almond and cookies. After a bit of internet searching, I thought he might really enjoy this version of Amaretti (a small Italian cookie)!
There are quite a few recipes for amaretti available, and this one is definitely not 'traditional'. But I thought the ingredients were interesting - plus, the recipe yielded a large number of cookies, which meant that my dad could enjoy these treats for quite a while.
The list of ingredients was surprisingly simple.
I started with the almond meal...
And added sugar...
Vanilla and egg whites.
After mixing until everything was combined...
I formed the dough into uniformed balls, placed them on a sheet, smashed an almond into the top, and baked them for about 12-15 minutes.
And after about 8 cookies-sheets of that process, I was finished.
I think the cookies are just adorable!
Don't you agree?
If you'd like to bake these tiny cookies someday, here's the recipe:
Amaretti
Recipe courtesy of Taste.com.au
Ingredients:
500g almond meal
400g caster sugar
4 egg whites
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
60+ whole blanched almonds
Directions:
Preheat oven to 325°F. Line baking trays with parchment paper. Place almond meal, sugar, egg whites and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat with a wooden spoon until well combined. Roll 2 teaspoonfuls of the mixture into balls. Place on the trays. Press a blanched almond into the top of half of the biscuits and bake for 12-15 minutes or until light golden. Set aside to cool slightly on the trays before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
And to top it all of, these cookies taste pretty delish, too!
Which is a good thing, because my dad has a whole bunch to eat!
Thanks for stopping by- I hope you have a great day!















