Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Enjoying Erie

While we were visiting our family in Ohio...
We decided to hit the beach.
I hadn't visited Lake Erie in years. So when my Aunt suggested we visit the beach, I was pretty excited. And then she mentioned that there was a lighthouse... and I was sold!
Headlands Beach State Park is a beautiful stretch of sand, complete with the Fairport Lighthouse at one end.
And while I was having fun taking fun of the lighthouse, something else was even more fun to shoot...
My family!
"O-H-I-O"
My cousins lined up along the shore, and with some help with my Aunt, spelled out some words with their bodies... like "L-O-V-E"...
"P-E-T-E" (their grandpa's name)...
And "M-O-M".
As the sun continued to set, my cousins spread out along the sand to collect bit of beach-glass for me...
And the sky turned various shades of orange and blue...
While my Uncle skipping some stones into the water.
It was a beautiful night, and a great way to spend a summer evening!
Thanks for stopping by- I hope you have a great day!!