With St. Paddy's Day just around the corner, I wanted to give my house an extra shot of "green". And since I'm on a roll re-using discarded items for decorations (hello business card garland)... I thought I'd try it again this month! So here's a tutorial on my Green (or eco-friendly) Garland!
So, I took the paper towel and toilet paper tubes I'd been saving, and cut them into small rings.
Then I pulled some green and white paint from the shelf an got to work.
A while later (and after inadvertently painting my hand in the process)...
I had a whole pile of green rings ready for a project.
Then I grabbed a long piece of string and threaded the rings into a garland.
The greens and white were subtle, and they added a great tweak of color to my kitchen window.
And because the rolls were different sizes, the rings weren't all the same... so as I threaded them onto the string they twisted and turned into a really interesting (yet slightly cooky) shape! I kind of liked it, and decided it was an unexpected way to hang garland!
So now I have a little touch of green all ready for St. Paddy's Day (which is must easier to photography when there isn't so much back light, I promise)!
Thanks for visiting- I hope you have a great day!!










