Friday, March 25, 2011

Egads... EGGS!

The other day at I stopped by my local Dollar Store and spotted these bags of plastic Easter eggs! And when I saw them, I got an idea...
You see, my family has been purchasing mobiles for my grandma so that she has something to look at when she is in bed. I thought it would be particularly fun for her to have one with an "Easter" theme... so when I spotted a food screen a couple of aisles away from the eggs, I decided that I could just MAKE her an Easter Mobile.
So with lots of ribbon and a little hot glue (and more finger burns than I would like to admit)...
I made her a very colorful Easter Mobile!
The eggs I purchased had little holes in them, which were perfect for threading with ribbon. I then slipped the ribbon through holes in the food screen and repeated until I had dozens of eggs hanging from the screen.
It was really fun to put this mobile together (minus all of those hot glue gun burns)... and I think my grandma will enjoy the view for the next couple of weeks!
And while it's not the most traditional Easter decoration around, I think it'll add a nice shot of color to my grandma's room. Oh- and when the wind blows, the eggs knock together and make this really interesting clicking sound! What a kooky gift, right?
Thanks for stopping by- I hope you have an awesome weekend!