Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Game... set... MATCH!
I spent some of my holiday weekend at the US Open!
I love spending time at Flushing Meadows- in fact this was my fourth visit to the Open!
My buddy, who loves tennis, came all the way from Boston to attend the Open with me.
I had a lot of fun showing him around the park, and we scored as many free things as we could! We even participated in an Oreo "lick contest" with a bunch of kids. My buddy ended up winning (he figured he had about 20 years of licking experience on the kiddos), but he was a gentleman and gave his winnings away to our worthy competitors!
After our Oreo treat, we headed over to the Court of Champions...
I posed with my old friend Johnny Mac, but I've decided that I don't think I'd want to be this close to him in real life... he might yell at me!
But as the sun started to set, we decided it was time to take our seats in Arthur Ashe.
On the way in, I snapped my favorite picture of the day: I love how everyone is completely wrapped up in the match taking place on the big screen!
I'll share the rest of my photos with you tomorrow, but I couldn't resist posting just one more: see Roger Federer there in the middle? He was just finishing his Tennis Channel interview as we entered the stadium- we were about 15 feet away!
Thanks for stopping by- I hope you have a great day!!

