Autumn Pear Cake
Ingredients:
1 cup Butter, Softened
1 cup Brown Sugar
1 cup White Sugar
4 whole Eggs
1 cup Pears, Mashed
1 teaspoon Vanilla
3 cups Flour, Divided Use
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
½ teaspoons Salt
1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
2 cups Pears, Chopped
Directions: Cream the butter and sugars. Add the eggs in, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the 1 cup of mashed pear. Stir in the vanilla. Reserve 1/4 cup of the flour. Sift the remaining flour, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Stir in to the butter and sugar mixture. Use the reserved flour to coat the chopped pears. Fold the pears into the batter. Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Autumn Pear Cake
Fall is my favorite time of year- I love the weather, the clothes and especially the produce. So this weekend I decided to bake a cake...
Filled with these:
The recipe called for some pretty basic ingredients... see?
Butter...
White sugar...
Light brown sugar...
And mashed pear. (I used my immersion blender to puree the pear- and it turned out pretty well!)
To that I added some eggs...
Vanilla...
Flour...
Baking powder...
Salt...
And pumpkin pie spice!
Once the batter was blended, I took some diced pears...
Coated them in a bit of flour...
And folded them into the batter.
I poured the batter into a greased and floured bundt pan, before inserting it into a 325 degree oven.
About an hour later I pulled the pan from the oven...
And flipped out a lovely little cake!
I ended up taking it to church, so I don't have a shot of the cakes interior- but it was extremely flavorful and moist... a perfect compliment to my favorite season!
If you'd like to bake this cake for yourself, here's the recipe:
Thank you for visiting- I hope you have a wonderful day!

