Monday, July 27, 2009

Back from Michigan

It's official... my vacation is over! After an amazing seven days in Michigan, I'm back to the grind in NYC. I had such a good time in my 'home-state', it will probably take me all week to share the pictures... I apologize in advance.

First, I thought I would share some pictures that I took of my parents' yard. I wasn't home for very long, but that didn't stop me from taking a tour of their gardens... and ORCHARD! That's right- my parents started an orchard in their backyard. They have pears...
Peaches/nectarines (I can't tell what these are going to be... one or the other, I think)...
And Honey Crisp apples (I'm drooling just THINKING about how good these apples will taste)...
They even have a plum tree, which looks like it's doing very well!
After a stroll through the orchard, I headed to the front yard, with a quick stop at the Ginkgo tree... we LOVE this tree!
In the grass garden (by the mailbox), I spotted this yucky beetle- I took care of him after the picture!
Yep- that's the house I called home for 13 years (and let's face it... I still call it home!).
There are a couple different kinds of day lily that surround the birch tree in the front yard. There's this pretty orangey-red one...
And a vibrant yellow one!
Here's another shot of the house... I love how green everything is in the summer!
Around the side of the house are the new day lilies. Last summer we visited a day lily farm, and each one of us picked out a new day lily for the garden. As you might expect, I can't remember who picked what or what they're called... except for the one I picked out! So here's a nice multi-colored one...
And a pretty peach one, with ruffles.
And this one is really vibrant!
And this scarlet one is awesome!
And here's mine: a soft pink, double ruffle, called Music Medley. Yep, that's the one I picked... surprised?
That's it for a little tour around my parents' gardens... I have boatloads of pictures to share, so please feel free to stop by the rest of the week! Happy Monday!