Thursday, July 30, 2009

Square Dancin' at Reunion

Square dancing has never been a part of our family reunion... until this year! The staff at White Birch Lodge hosts events each night, one of which was a Square Dance. I think TT like the outfits more than the dancing...
And while dancing is a lot of fun, it might be even more fun to WATCH! Just ask EMVR and RSV...
Or cute-y EV...
This picture of BVT and WL is good... and then BTV makes it that much better, don't you think?
More spectators... I'm thinking this is a shot of Aunt SV laughing, which is awesome because she has the BEST laugh!
Such a great pic of AA and EMVR!
Here are BVT and TT, enjoying the action on the basketball courts (where all the dancing was taking place).
All the staffers got in on the dancing- in costume and everything! I think the first dance that they did was a conga line, of sorts...
Then it was onto the REAL square dancing (though this looks a little circular to me)...
Doesn't this picture make you think that dancing with BTV is a whole lot of fun?
This is Uncle PV and Aunt SV, getting the directions from the 'caller'.
One of the dances involved lots of hand clapping, as you'll see here with GN and SV...
And JV with Aunt SV.
Uncle Boom Boom definitely got the best seat in the house!
While some folks danced, others cheered from the sidelines.
Don't worry, I asked CLR for a pose... I imagine he's looking into his future! :)
Here's my cousin AV with one of the staffers- isn't her skirt the best for square dancing?
This one of Uncle PV and Aunt CV cracks me up!
The partner dancing sure looked like fun. Here's SV and DV...
And CV dancing with her dad, Uncle CV...
And SV dancing with DV...
BVT dancing with her hubby, RT...
And Aunt CV dancing with WL.
I think everyone was having a good time- especially TT... he danced himself right out of his pants!
Clearly, my family is loads of fun! I hope you're having a good day- Happy Thursday!