But back to the food- I tried a couple things I hadn't done before. First were the Caprese Salad Bites. I think I saw them in a magazine (Martha? Real Simple?)... but for the life of me I can't remember which one! I used basil from my 'garden' and a flower cookie cutter to punch the mozzarella cheese.
There was also a ramekin of Balsamic vinegar and olive oil for dipping.
I also whipped up a batch of our family's Asian Chicken Salad... it's not summer without this tasty dish!
The food was yummy, but I was also really pleased with my flowers. I went and bought a BUNCH of daisies at the florist, and you can see them on the table in the first photo. But I also tried out an idea I saw in Martha ages ago.
Yep- it's a toothbrush holder! I got this one at an antique store in Mason last summer, and am just getting around to using it. The holes for the toothbrushes make a sort of grid, which allows the flowers to look SO full! (Is it weird that I'm posing pics of my bathroom?)After lunch, we headed over to the Beer Garden. Oh man, did we have a blast!
I always forget to hand off my camera, so my lovely friends provided me with these great shots.
So this is what I did on Friday... it was SUCH a fun day, and it was only the beginning of my weekend! Stay tuned tomorrow for tales from Coney Island!

