Remember last week when I visited the Intrepid?
Well, I still have tons of pictures to share.
(You're shocked, I know...)
When I first visited the museum, I made my way onto the flight deck...
(Where I gazed in awe at the plethora of incredible planes and helicopters...)
And made my way to the island.
In this spot on the ship...
Higher ranking officials had bedrooms...
And day and night men pored over charts...
Dials...
And tables...
That were all integral in the operation of the ship.
As I climbed to the Navigation Bridge, I couldn't believe the view of the city and the rest of the boat below me.
(I tried to take a photo of myself- see that speck in the mirror? That's me!)
I loved looking around the Navigation Bridge.
There were so many instruments- and I had absolutely no idea what any of them did!
(Apparently this is what I looked like for most of the day aboard the ship... can you blame me?)
The higher I climbed, the better the view got!
But at a certain point, I knew I'd reached the pinnacle.
Not just because things were fancier (hello telephones!)...
But because I had reached the Captain's area: this was his wheel- pretty shiny, right?
I loved looking around the Navigation Bridge...
But it practically paled in comparison to the flight deck! However, I don't want to totally overwhelm you with photos today- so stop back tomorrow for another installment of my visit to the biggest ship I've ever seen!
Thanks for visiting- I hope you have a great day!























