Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Tiki time?

I recently spent some time in Bay City, Michigan for a family wedding. When we first arrived in town, we met up with my aunt, uncle, cousin and her little boy who drove over to spend the afternoon with us. After lots of fun and shopping downtown, we stopped to eat at The Kingfish Restaurant and Tiki Lounge.
It was a really interesting place, so I had to whip out my camera. Not only was the decor unique, it was also located right on the Saginaw River.
The weather was a bit rainy, but the clouds let up for a few minutes and we made a quick visit down to the water.
(It was also pretty windy, so the tiki-decor was going crazy.)
Oh- this bottle wasn't mine, but I took a picture of it anyway.
While the whole place was pretty nice, the dock couldn't be beat. Right on the water like that? Amazing! But I think the best thing about the dock were the stools- tons of them were lined up along the water, which looked like a great vantage point for all the events taking place on the river all summer.
Of course, one of the best parts of our afternoon was spending time with this little guy.
He's a total doll, and makes the cutest faces!
Don't believe me? Check him out with his Poppi...
And his beautiful momma!
I hadn't seen this cutie in a while, and he's gotten so big! Thanks to Aunt TGV, Uncle TMV, and EMVR for driving over to spend the afternoon with us- we had such a blast!

Thanks for stopping  by- I hope you have a great day!