I used some very basic ingredients:
First, I combined the dry ingredients in a bowl.
Then I used my handy-dandy mini food processor to chop up some apples...
Which I combined with the wet ingredients.
Then I poured the wet ingredients into the dry and mixed until everything was combined.
After that I poured the batter into a greased 8x8 pan.
In a separate, smaller bowl I mixed up the topping ingredients...
And sprinkled it over the batter. Then I placed the pan in a pre-heated oven (at 375 degrees)...
And just over 35 minutes later, I pulled the finished cake from the oven.
Look at that crispy, sugary topping.... yum!
(FYI: I used dark brown sugar in my cake, which should explain the rich, dark color.)
I must say, the cake was quite tasty- all of the spices I added made for a really fragrant dessert!
If you'd like to try this cake for yourself, here's the recipe:
Spiced Applesauce CakeThis cake was really easy to make- I suspect that I'll be whipping one up again in the very near future!
Topping Ingredients:
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp. flour
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. apple pie spice
1 Tbsp. butter
Cake Ingredients:
1 cup unbleached flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. apple pie spice
1/4 tsp. allspice
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2-3/4 cup grated apple
Directions:
Preheat oven to 375ยบ.
In a medium bowl combine the dry items together. In a separate bowl combine the wet items together. Add dry mixture to wet and blend until just combined. Pour batter into a greased 8x8 pan. Mix topping ingredients and sprinkle over batter. Bake for 35 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
Thanks for stopping by- I hope you had a great weekend!
















