Yesterday, I had a wicked craving for fettuccine alfredo. So I looked online, cobbled together a recipe, and whipped up a dish of creamy Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo.
The ingredients for this recipe are pretty basic (but definitely not heart healthy).
I started by melting the butter and cream cheese.
Then I added some Parmesan cheese...
And garlic powder (I used more than the recipe called for and was glad that I did).
Then I added the milk (and forgot to take a picture- sorry about that!). After a bit of time on the stove and lots of mixing, the sauce was the smooth consistency I wanted.
In the meantime I boiled some pasta (per the instructions on the package) and nuked some frozen broccoli florets.
When the pasta was al dente, I drained it and plated it.
Then I added the cooked broccoli...
Before spooning the alfredo sauce over the top.
If you'd like to try this recipe for yourself, here it is:
Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo
Ingredients:
½ cup Butter
½ teaspoons Garlic Powder
8 ounces, weight Cream Cheese
⅓ cups Grated Or Shredded Parmesan Cheese
¾ cups Milk
Salt and pepper to taste
Frozen broccoli florets, heated
Directions:
In saucepan, combine butter, garlic powder, and cheeses. Heat over medium heat, stirring until cheeses are melted and smooth, then add milk. (Include salt and pepper to taste.) In another pot, prepare your preferred pasta (I used fettuccine) per the instructions on the package. In a microwave safe dish, heat frozen broccoli in microwave. Once pasta is cooked, drain and place in a dish. Top with cooked broccoli and alfredo sauce.
I must admit- the pasta was pretty delicious! I love broccoli, but not everyone feels the same way. I suspect that the sauce and pasta would taste great with grilled chicken or plain!
Thanks for stopping by- I hope you have a great day!













