Monday, February 7, 2011

Pretty polish, please!

I like nail polish. I mean, I really like it!

This probably isn't a surprise to many of you- I've talked about nail polish in three separate posts over the last year... egads! And while I love my regular brands (OPI, Sephora by OPI, and Essie), I also enjoy trying new ones! So when I read an article about Inglot a while back, I just had to check it out!
Inglot is a Polish make-up brand, and they sell everything from eyeshadow to lipstick... and they happen to have a fun little store in NYC! So the other day I stopped by, and was immediately drawn to the nail polish wall... can you blame me?
I tried to be reasonable, so I walked out with just a tiny little bag...
Filled with two kinds of Inglot's signature nail polish!
First up, 706! Not only is this great shade a matte finish, but it's also toluene, formaldehyde, dibutyl phthalate (DBP), and camphor FREE! Considering that I wear nail polish all the time, the idea of using a polish with less chemicals really appealed to me!
I also purchased a bottle of O2M 634. (The information I read about this particular product was what brought me into the store in the first place.) You see, O2M polishes are made from a new polymer that was originally designed for use in contact lenses. Not only are the yucky chemicals still missing, but the new polymer increases the oxygen permeability of the varnish (meaning air can get through the paint to my nails) and it reduces the film tightness (which means my nails feel more natural). Isn't that cool?
Of course, I had to try out the O2M polish right away. And while it does feel different from my other polishes when dry (it's not as slick to the touch), the color is quite nice and I haven't gotten a chip yet!
Thanks for sharing in my nail polish excitement- I hope you had a really fun weekend!