Thursday, February 24, 2011

So long discount!

Ever since I've been working on the Upper West Side, I've visited Starbucks on my way to the office each day. Luckily, I made quick friends with my local baristo*... so what may have become a terribly expensive addiction ended up being free (or majorly discounted) most days!!

Well, my trip down easy street has ended because today was my baristo's last day at the Sbux because he found himself a new job at a fancy restaurant in the neighborhood. So while I'm happy for him, I'm sad for my wallet... and my dangerous addiction to chai lattes!

So, here's to you, Mr. Baristo- thanks for everything!
Thanks for stopping by- I hope you have a great day!

*That's a term I just coined for a male barista, because even though I know this isn't the case in Italian, the 'a' at the end of that word makes me think it's referring to a woman who makes my coffee... like "bravo" vs. "brava"- you know what I mean?