Monday, August 15, 2011

Coveting these coverlets

The other day I stopped by the Folk Art Museum here in NYC.


There was an exhibit of American-made quilts, and I wanted to check it out!


And while the exhibit was small...


The quilts did not disappoint! 


I couldn't believe how beautiful they all were...


And all the details were incredible- especially considering that they were all sewn by hand!


The museum had collected quite a variety of quilts for the exhibit.


There were all sorts of patterns...


The quilts dated from 10-150 years old...


And incorporated all sorts of material!


But enough out of me... check out these quilts!





I love this patriotic number...


Don't you?




I loved the fabric in this one... all different blue and white patterns!


This crazy quilt was also pretty cool...


Especially with the metallic gold thread!




This geometric pattern was very stunning...


And this tribute to Hawai'i was also very cool...


Especially the embroidered islands hidden on the bottom of the quilt!





As you can see, there were lots of beautiful quilts to enjoy!


Thanks for visiting- I hope you had a great weekend!