Thank you for stopping by- I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Friday, July 23, 2010
Now that's quite a pile!
My uncle has been a Yooper since before I was born and has the inside scoop on anything you could ever want to know about the U.P.! He knows where to find the best timber, the best beaches, the best pasties...
And the best rock piles! He knew that we liked hunting for rocks, so he took us to the local rock pile... no, not that one...
THIS one!
I know- talk about a rock paradise! So I grabbed a 5 gallon bucket...
While my brother grabbed a metal detector...
And we started looking for rocks!
We all were looking for specific things- my brother wanted float copper, my dad wanted a greenstone, and I wanted copper in calcite!
By the end of the day I was the only person who didn't attain their goal, but I still found lots of other neat treasures...
See?
We scoured the pile for what seemed like ages- and my pockets were filled to the brim (I had long ago given up the bucket because it got quite heavy).
And as I snapped pictures of every little stone I picked up, I realized something...
Picking through rock piles really does a number on navy blue nail polish!
By the end of the day we had accumulated quite a collection. I can't wait to go home, scrub the mud off the rocks and reveal the true treasures we found!
So if you're on the lookout for a fun (yet free) activity for the whole family, I'd definitely recommend looking for a rock pile in your area... you never know what you might find!
Thank you for stopping by- I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Thank you for stopping by- I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

