So this post has NOTHING to do with Newsies, but I saw that playing card on the sidewalk over the weekend, and couldn't resist the title! On Friday we went to watch the GU/UNC game, and though it didn't end QUITE as I had hoped, I still had fun. Then on Saturday, SFS and I spent some time walking around Harlem. It was a BEAUTIFUL day, and you could tell that spring was definately in the air!
We spent our time exploring in the area around 130th, between Madison and the Hudson. There are some beautiful buildings, but it was pretty ominous to see windows boarded up with cinder blocks! We saw SO many churches/meeting houses of all different denominations- it was really interesting! I also got my FIRST Italian ice of the season... coconut- YUM!
SFS and I then walked over the Grant's Tomb (pics will come later in the week), as I'd never seen it before. Later on that evening, we helped to celebrate Dan's birthday at Congee Village, followed by drinks at Lolita. What a fun weekend!

